HomeGrown Plus 1 Hour
HomeGrown Plus works with Architectural Studios to facilitate 1 hour workshops for secondary school students. Our program offers a keyhole experience into the Architectural profession.
HomeGrown Plus has been set up to bridge the divide between the profession and the community it serves.
We are an agency that promotes and champions young Architects.
By the promotion and support of talent, regardless of background, Homegrown Plus believes we can further the goal of a built-environment that involves, reflects and empower those who live in it.
What are the goals of Homegrown Plus One Hour?
- ‘What I wish I knew before Architecture School’
- Introduce students to Architects and their professional environment.
- Simulate a design project at Architecture School by engaging students in The Crit: a design exercise with a quick presentation and feedback.
- Introduce students to some of the key words and definitions used in Architecture/Design School.
- Share advice from recent graduates about what to expect from Architecture School.
& a big thank you to the Architects, who have allowed us into their office and shared their time, knowledge and creativity!
If your practice would like to host a HomeGrown Plus 1 Hour Workshop please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If your school would like to participate in a HomeGrown Plus 1 Hour Workshop please get in touch by emailing email@example.com for more information.